Presentation by Rachel Gallagher, RN, CPNP, NCSN
By the end of the presentation, the attendee will be able to:
1. Know the definition of asthma.
2. Know the triggers and signs of asthma.
3. Know the treatment for asthma.
4. Know the side effects of the medications.
5. Know the five rights of medication administration.
6. Know the sequence of events in the administration of a rescue inhaler.
To begin taking the course: Login to http://wi.train.org using your login and password or create an account.
Instructions to Complete a Post-Assessment Certificate Course
- Select My Learning on the right.
- Then click on Current Courses.
- Click on the M (Manage) to the right of the title.
- Select Completed.
- It will then tell you that you need to complete a post-assessment, so click on Assessment. When done, close.
- If you fail an assessment you may retake the assessment up to three times.
- Review of the webcast is available by clicking the “Open book” button.
- Not all courses offer a certificate; if no certificate is offered you are done.
- When a certificate is offered, go to TRAIN’s home page.
- Click on My Certificates on the right of the page.
- Then click on View All Certificates.
- To the right of the title in the Certificates column, click on the appropriate title.
- It will come up and you can print it. It will stay in Certificates permanently.
You can either print this entire page, or simply return to it later for these instructions.