Presentation by Rachel Gallagher, RN, CPNP, NCSN
By the end of the presentation, the attendee will be able to:
- Know the definition of anaphylaxis.
- Know the symptoms of anaphylaxis.
- Know the common allergens that result in anaphylactic reactions.
- Know the sequence of events in administration of the epinephrine.
- Know the side effects of epinephrine.
- Know the sequence of event in the administration of epinephrine by Epi-pen®.
- Know the prevalence and facts regarding biphasic reactions.
To begin taking the course: Login to http://wi.train.org using your login and password or create an account.
Instructions to Complete a Post-Assessment Certificate Course
- Select My Learning on the right.
- Then click on Current Courses.
- Click on the M (Manage) to the right of the title.
- Select Completed.
- It will then tell you that you need to complete a post-assessment, so click on Assessment. When done, close.
- If you fail an assessment you may retake the assessment up to three times.
- Review of the webcast is available by clicking the “Open book” button.
- Not all courses offer a certificate; if no certificate is offered you are done.
- When a certificate is offered, go to TRAIN’s home page.
- Click on My Certificates on the right of the page.
- Then click on View All Certificates.
- To the right of the title in the Certificates column, click on the appropriate title.
- It will come up and you can print it. It will stay in Certificates permanently.
You can either print this entire page, or simply return to it later for these instructions.